We would like to welcome you to iDance Bendigo and to thank you for taking the time to browse our website.
Our names are Andrew and Janine White and together our aim is to deliver quality dance training for the Bendigo and central Victorian communities in a fun and safe environment.
During the 1980's and early 1990's Andrew enjoyed a career as a top Ballroom dance competitor with a ranking in the top 50 dancers in Australia. It was during this period that we met each other and began our lives together, working in mainstream careers outside of dancing and starting a family of our own.
We were fortunate to be given the opportunity to relocate our family to Bendigo several years ago and with an understanding of the benefits of Ballroom dancing, began the search for a quality dancing studio for our two daughters. For us, there was only one studio that offered what we were looking for our children, that was iDance Bendigo.
The chance to re-enter the world of Ballroom dancing came about when Andrew was offered a teaching position after the former owner discovered he had been previously involved at the highest level of competition in Australia.
The next chapter of our lives began in that moment and in 2016 we were offered the opportunity to purchase the business.
The decision for us was an easy one, as we could see a way to bring the benefits of dancing into the lives of the community of Bendigo and to build on the amazing foundation developed by the former principal.
- to see parents capturing the joy on their children's faces as they perform the latest dance they have learned.
- providing adults with a fun night out, where they can meet and dance with like minded people.
- giving young people a place of their own where they can socialise appropriately and safely while learning skills for life.
- helping couples to create a magical first dance for their special day.
- giving senior citizens the chance to refresh all of the dances they remember while keeping active.
- developing our students technical skills when they want to take part in examinations or competitions.
- to see how people walk in the door and instantly feel welcomed.
We invite you to come into the studio to see for yourself what a very special place iDance Bendigo is and we would love to personally welcome you to the iDance family.
Andrew and Janine